- 2 pounds of strip steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 handfuls of fresh arugula
- ⅓ red onion, thinly sliced
Steak + Marinade
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the steak and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cook until it seems to be your preference, and then place on a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the halved cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, arugula and red onions.
- Slice the steak and top with the tomato salad.